If you are looking for a great two-passenger mobility scooter, then the E-Wheels EW-66 Red Three Wheel Electric Scooter is the answer. It has more power than many mobility travel scooters which makes it great for travel. The EW-66 two-passenger portable mobility scooter packs a lot of performance into a sleek and stylish design with a generous weight capacity.
Specifications of the E-Wheels EW-66 Red Three Wheel Electric Scooter:
- Scooter Weight Capacity: 600 lbs
- Front seat: Rider seat with backrest & armrests
- Front seat: 12”x 16”x 14” (LxWxH) 2” Thickness 2”
- Front seat: 27 ½“ from Ground
- Rear seat: Adjustable sliding Backrest
- Rear seat: 20”x 17 ½”x 13” with rear basket
- Length: 29”
- Steering Height: 39” from ground
- Turning Radius: 50”
- Power: Electric
- Watts: 700 Watt
- Motor Type: Trans axle differential brush-less
- Amps: 20 AH
- Volts: 48 Volts
- Dimensions: 74”x 26”x 43 ½” (LxWxH)
- Floor Clearance: 4 ½”
- Rear Basket Dimensions: 13”x 16”x 11” (LxWxH)
- Batteries: (4) Sealed Lead Acid Maintenance Free
- Forward/Reverse switch: Yes
- High/ Low-Speed switch: (3) Speed switch
- Front tire size: 16” tire type 3.0 – 10 Tubeless
- Rear tire size: 16” tire type: 3.0 – 10 Tubeless
- Charger: 48-volt Smart Charger included
- Throttle Type: Variable Speed Control – Twist Throttle
- Key Start: Yes
- Braking System: Front and Rear drum brakes with Electronic Braking (EBS)
- Drive System: 700 Watt Brush-less Motor
- Headlight: 12 v LED Lights
- Rear lights: 12 v Bulb
- Carton Size: Shipped Fully assembled on Pallet – 63”x 36”x 54” (LxWxH)
- Scooter Weight: 261 lbs with batteries
- Battery Indicator: Yes
- Front Suspension: Front Fork Shocks
- Rear Suspension: Rear Shock Absorbers
- Reflectors: (2) rear reflectors
- BATTERY INCLUDED
- MINOR ASSEMBLY REQUIRED
- WARRANTY INCLUDED
Storage and Parts
The EW-66 is one of the best portable mobility scooters today with the following standard parts:
- Battery and battery storage
- Seat and adjustments
- Switch for forward and reverse options
- Levers for the brakes
- Switch for the ignition
- Variable speed control
This not a folding mobility travel scooter. The E-Wheels EW-66 Red Three Wheel Electric Scooter can carry two passengers, meaning it has two seats. It is a powerful scooter that surpasses the power and comfort that other foldable top mobility scooters have.
With this, we recommend that you get the EW-66 portable mobility scooter for your parents or as a family scooter!
Performance of the Best Portable Mobility Scooter
One of the reasons that you choose to get a mobility travel scooter is that you and your loved ones want to feel comfortable when traveling. Of course performance also plays a vital role when choosing an electric scooter. Here are some of the performance features of the EW-66:
Passenger and Weight Capacity
As this top mobility scooter highlights, it can carry two passengers with its two seats. The weight capacity of the scooter is 600 lbs, which means that it can be driven by virtually anyone!
Factoring in the terrain and weight of the passengers, the battery life can run up to 43 miles. Make sure that the batteries are fully charged when you go out using the EW-66.
The E-Wheels EW-66 Red Three Wheel Electric Scooter has tubeless tires. These tires are advantageous because of a uniform deflation rate - all with with low driving resistance.
The EW-66 portable mobility scooter has a turning radius of 50, which is understandable considering that it can carry two passengers. This is an advantage to help ensure that the passengers can safely turn. Of course the operator should ensure that the space you have is safe and within or beyond the turning radius of the scooter before making turns.
Another we love about the EW-66 is its sleek and stylish design and the red color is a head-turner, too!
Driver’s Safety and Comfort
Most of the time we purchase an electric scooter for ourselves or family members because we can make them feel comfortable, especially since mobility travel scooters provide comfort and safety to seniors and to individuals who have mobility issues. With this, here are some of the safety and comfort features that the EW-66 have:
The E-Wheels EW-66 Red Three Wheel Electric Scooter has a basket for small items that you’ve bought shopping. It also has another storage system at the bottom of the passenger’s seat where you can store your valuable items while journeying.
For added safety features, this top mobility scooter also has two rear shock absorbers on the frame. The shock absorbers will help in the driver and passenger’s comfort when driving on slightly uneven pavement.
Another thing we love about the EW-66 portable mobility scooter is the instrument panel which indicates speed and battery life, too!
For valid warranty claims E-Wheels will, at their discretion, replace/repair/refund items mutually agreed to be defective.
E-Wheels warranty as following:
- 1. Frame: (3) Year limited warranty
- 2. Electronic components: (1) Year limited warranty
- 3. Controllers: (1) Year limited warranty
- 4. Batteries: Not warranted
- 5. Consumables: Wheel and Tires, arm pads and seat cushions: Not warranted
- 6. Labor costs are NOT covered by warranty
Any damage or defect of any nature occurring from the misuse of the product is not covered. The warranty starts from the date of arrival of our product.
Batteries and Charger
We recommend that you use deep-cycle batteries that are sealed and maintenance-free for your power scooter. Lead acid (SLA) and gel cells are Deep cycle batteries that are similar in performance. Deep-cycle batteries are specifically designed to provide power, drain down, and then accept a relatively quick charge. Lead acid batteries should be charged as often as possible.
Specification of the battery that we recommend:
- Type: Deep Cycle Sealed lead acid or gel cell
- Size: 20 AH
- Voltage: 12 V Each (4) totals
Depending on the use, terrain and driving conditions, the batteries will provide a range of 43 miles of travel. However, even if the power scooter is not in use we recommend that the batteries be charged at least monthly.
- Do not use any automotive batteries, they are not designed to handle a long, deep discharge and are unsafe for use in power scooters.
- The useful life of a battery is quite often a reflection of the care it receives.
- Always charge your batteries in well ventilated areas.
- The charger is intended for indoor use only.
- For maximum performance, it is recommended that you replace all batteries at the same time if the batteries are weak.
- If the vehicle will not be used for a long period of time, arrange to have batteries recharged at least once every month to avoid deterioration.
- Recharge the batteries only when the key is in the off position.
- Plug charger into electric wall outlet.
- Insert the charger plug into the charging port which is located directly in front of the main body under the seat
- Red charger light indicates the scooter is charging.
- Green charger light indicates the scooter is fully charged.